Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions when booking any Shoalhaven Design School workshops. All bookings made through Shoalhaven Design School are subject to these Terms and Conditions which affect your legal rights and are binding on you.
1. REGISTERING: To register with Shoalhaven Design School for any workshop, payment is to be made in full three days prior to the workshop through our online booking form. Acceptable forms of payment are by Paypal, EFTPOS, Direct Deposit, cheque, cash, gift certificate or online shopping cart. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
2. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: A refund is only applicable if an event is cancelled and no alternative event is offered. Shoalhaven Design School is happy for you to on sell your ticket to the workshop as long as we are notified in writing of the 3rd party receiving the ticket
3. WORKSHOP FEES: The workshop costs quoted are per person or as advised in the booking notification. The event prices are quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
4. CONTRACT: Upon payment of the cost for the relevant workshop you book and when confirmation of the booking is made by Shoalhaven Design School, a contract is concluded between us (Shoalhaven Design School) and you (the attendee) concerning the event in terms of these terms and conditions
- “Workshop” means any workshop offered by Shoalhaven Design School
- “Shoalhaven Design School” means Shoalhaven Design School under the ABN: 51 124 425 293
- “Unexpected Event” means any act, circumstance or event beyond the control of Shoalhaven Design School caused or arising from but not limited to personal illness, Acts of God, public enemies, government restraint, riots, strikes, lockouts, labour troubles, epidemics, civil disturbances, perils or rivers or navigable waters, fuel shortages or abrupt and unexpected increases in fuel costs, collisions, stranding, fire, lightning, storms, cyclones, theft, battery or crime by any person, faults or errors of navigation, management of boats, planes, fault or neglect of pilots, crew or independent operators and contractors.
- “Shoalhaven Design School” means Shoalhaven Design School, associates and employees
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0419 854 369
- On obligation on the part of Shoalhaven Design School to supply the services again, or;
- The refund or payment to the attendee for an amount equal to the booking fee paid by the attendee for the workshop.
9. ATTENDEE HEALTH AND RESPONSIBILITY: The attendee admits a full understanding of the nature and character of the workshop run by Shoalhaven Design School and the scope of the activities contemplated by the attendee during the workshop and assures and undertakes to Shoalhaven Design School:
- That they are in good health and well able to undertake the activities outlined in the event
- That they will effect any type of travel insurance sufficient to cover any limitation or liability against them imposed by these Terms and Conditions should they wish to do so
- That they have disclosed any physical or mental disability requiring special attention (including the use of a wheelchair) or treatment at the time when the booking of the event was made;
- No attendee will be permitted to undertake the event while their mental or physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of Shoalhaven Design School, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves, or whereby they become objectionable to other attendees or the event coordinator or trainer, or that they become hazardous to themselves or others. Shoalhaven Design School will not be responsible for any expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the event.
- That the attendee accepts that a medical certificate certifying that fitness to attend the event may be required at Shoalhaven Design School discretion and if any attendee has had surgery less than twelve (12) months prior to the event that attendee must submit a letter from a qualified physician that the attendee is fit for attending the event. Shoalhaven Design School reserves the right to deny participation to the event if the attendee requires care and attention that Shoalhaven Design School cannot adequately provide and this decision can be made by Shoalhaven Design School at its sole discretion;
- Any charges incurred by attendees for medical reasons including, but not limited to physicians, surgeons, hospitals, accommodation, medication, diagnostic facilities, air ambulance evacuation or ground ambulance shall be the sole responsibility of the attendee;
- And the attendee agrees to indemnify Shoalhaven Design School from and against all claims, costs, charges, fines or penalties arising as a result from any claim made against Shoalhaven Design School
These Terms and Conditions remain in effect for all periods and Shoalhaven Design School is under no responsibility to the attendee or the attendee’s property. No variation or waiver of any terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions will have any affect unless they are in writing and signed by Shoalhaven Design School. In addition to any other limitation of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions, Shoalhaven Design School shall have the benefit of any statutory limitation of liability available in all states of Australia.
These event Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of New South Wales and the attendee agrees that any claims or disputes between the attendee and Shoalhaven Design School in connection with these event Terms and Conditions shall be commenced, filed and litigated before a Court of proper jurisdiction in the Shoalhaven area and in New South Wales.
15 COMPETITIONS: To register with Shoalhaven Design School for any competition, payment is to be made in full one day prior to the competition ending. This can be done through our online booking site. Acceptable forms of payment are by Paypal, EFTPOS, Direct Deposit, cheque, cash, gift certificate or online shopping cart. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars (AUD). A refund is only applicable if a workshop the competition is related to is cancelled and no alternative event is offered. Shoalhaven Design School is happy for you to on sell your ticket to the workshop as long as we are notified in writing of the 3rd party receiving the ticket.